CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 18, 2009

Star shower at PETA's anniversary


Shahid Kapoor

While Shahid Kapoor gets the PETA Asia Sexiest Vegetarian Award, a bevy of B-town celebs gather to be honoured with humanitarian awards at PETA's 10th anniversary bash. The gala will also have recorded video appearances by former Baywatch actress Pamela Anderson and rocker Bryan Adams.

As celebs gather at the Trident Hotel at Bandra kurla Complex, in Mumbai, we caught up with some of them who have supported the humble cause.

"My contribution towards PETA should have been much more than what I have done. I feel honoured for being recognized by such an amazing
organization. I am extremely honored to receiving the humanitarian award," says Bollywood actress Eesha Koppikar.

Talking about her lovee for animals, Celine Jaitly, who appeared in a PETA ad in 2009 for saving elephants from captivity says, "Animals are my first love, getting PETA's award motivates me to do more work for animals. They can't speak for themselves and yet their love is so unconditional. I am glad I could make a difference."

Raveena Tandon Thadani, who's equally excited about being honoured says, "Animals need us to speak for them. Let's stop the cruely and let us make a difference."

John Abraham, who campaigned for independence for caged birds in a popular ad campaign for PETA and is also hosting the event, remained unavailable for comment.


0 comments: